Thursday, October 23, 2008

Detox rash

After VLCD 20
overnight: -0.4
total: -13.4
weight: 141.6

A loss of .4 two days in a row makes me realize I'm going to be terribly disappointed if I hit a stall. No matter how I try to prepare myself mentally, I like to see bigger losses. It's not easy to be so limited in foods.

Also, I've had a detox rash all over my torso since VLCD 4. It'll just start to dry up and go away, then fresh red spots come back. I love that it means I'm releasing fat, but it itches! It bothers me especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. So all in all, I want this protocol over as soon as possible. And that means bigger losses. Please!

I've tried applying bentonite clay to the rash, on two occasions. I took an epsom salt bath. I take an infrared sauna about 5 days a week. Nothing has helped clear up the rash. Man, I should have done a full detox before starting.

Any ideas for me?

2 comments:

helderheid said...

How weird about the rash, though I've heard of that before. I never got it (though I did hit 2 stalls).

Congrats on being over half way to your goal! WOOHOO! I have 30 more to go to hit mine. I'll have to do a 2nd round come New Year's.

Good luck with the rash - my only advice would be benedryl.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

BEB said...

You might try the Aveeno oatmeal bath for the itching. I used that when I got attacked by bed bugs on a business trip. It didn't make the inflamation go away any quicker, but I was more comfortable.