Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Food rotation

After VLCD 12
overnight: -0.8
total: -9.0
weight: 146

I don't have anything else to say in today's post, so I'll mention what I'm doing that's probably different from most people. I'm incorporating a rotation diet.

I've tried a rotation diet in the past, but it was much too restrictive and I couldn't stick with it. But the HCG protocol is restrictive anyway and rotating my foods gives me more variety than I might otherwise give myself.

I do a 4-day rotation. I have one type of meat each of the 4 days, and generally one type of vegetable per day. Although sometimes there's more than one vegetable listed in a particular food grouping, so I may have a different vegetable for supper. I have only 1 type of fruit on days I have fruit. The foods are listed according to taxonomy. Which I don't understand, but it has something to do with the foods being similar.

I'm rotating foods for more weight loss (and by that, I mean additional weight loss on top of the HCG protocol--because I don't think that's possible), I'm doing it because it's a good way to avoid developing food allergies and sensitivities . It's also good for detoxifying the digestive system because your body is only exposed to a particular food source once every four days.

I know, everyone on HCG says to mix up the proteins--don't have the same meat for lunch and supper. But a lot of them probably have chicken for lunch and beef for supper every single day. So they're eating the same food day after day. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But anyway, I think what I'm doing is mixing up the proteins, as well as everything else.

No comments: