Monday, October 6, 2008

VLCD 3 and still hungry

After VLCD 3
overnight: -1.4
total: -2.6
current weight: 152.4

Wow. I was not expecting such a big loss. It makes the hunger worth it.

Yesterday's hunger was worse than I've experienced yet. Maybe because I had to leave home and be around people all morning and was under slightly stressful conditions. When I got home, I still had to cook my lunch. During the process I felt weak and a bit faint.

That afternoon, I drank some Yerba Mate tea. It's the first time I've had tea on this protocol, because I don't like tea. But this stuff wasn't bad, and while I was sipping it, the hunger went away. It came back shortly afterward, but the respite was nice. From now on, I intend to have tea every morning.

It's too early in the day to say what my hunger levels will be today. For now I feel fine. I know I ate to capacity on my loading days, so the hunger should go away today, or in the next couple of days. If it doesn't go away within a week, I may have to increase my dose. I'm currently taking 125 IU sublingually twice a day. I could easily increase this to 150 if I have to.

Maybe my perceptions are wrong and I didn't eat to capacity on the load days. In that case, Dr. Simeons says the hunger should go away about a week from now. So I'll wait and see--even though another week at yesterday's level sounds torturous.

I will not cheat on this protocol. My resolve on that issue is absolutely iron. But I can now relate better to those who have cheated. I went to Wal-Mart and as I drove past restaurants, I kept thinking, ooh, Applebee's sounds heavenly. DQ--I could go for a chicken strip basket. Better yet, a double cheeseburger. And the candy bars in the check out lane looked so good. I don't even eat that kind of food very often. But my hunger was so intense everything sounded good.

So I'm really hoping the hunger won't last much longer.

3 comments:

BEB said...

I'm a ways ahead of you in Phase two and doing my first apple day. I find cooking my protein for 3 to 4 days all at once is really helpful. Like you, my body is crazy picky about losing weight and the issues have gotten worse as I've gotten older. I'm blogging as well - check it out at http://regainingmyfigure.blogspot.com/. I'd love to keep in touch and share experiences.

helderheid said...

Hey, hang in there! I too didn't gain much on the load days and was starving for about 7-10 days and am FINE now. Hang in there! feel free to see my progress here: http://journeytomeviahcg.blogspot.com/

Beaker said...

Thanks for the support, you two.

I'll check out your blogs. It's great that we don't have to be in this alone.