Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New perspective

After VLCD 26
overnight: -0.4
total: -15.2
weight: 139.8

WooHoo! Made it into the 130s!

As I was thinking this over last night, an idea occurred to me that gave me a new perspective. So my positive attitude came before this morning's journey into the 130s. I've been releasing a lot of toxins--thus the detox rash I've had almost from the beginning, which has gotten better in the past few days. I'll bet I'm slowing down because my body can't handle any more toxic load.

And my hunger was much worse yesterday, so it seems evident that I wasn't burning as much fat. This morning my measurements were better than yesterday, but not the losses I've seen in the last two weeks.

So I have to trust my body. After all, I'm doing everything right. I haven't cheated once, or even come close. All I can do is try to help my body get rid of more toxins (saunas, salt baths, water intake) so that it can handle letting more into my system when the fat burns.

By the way, I drank 96 ounces of water yesterday. That's 3 quarts. Plus a 12 oz mug of green tea. I didn't intend to drink that much more water. But I was simply obeying my thirst. And this morning I woke up parched. Tongue almost sticking to the roof of my mouth. Strange. Today I'll continue listening to my thirst, as I have been all along. There must be a reason it needs more water now.

Trust my body. Listen to my body.

And on I go.

1 comment:

BEB said...

That's exactly the right attitude.

When I started this round I was certain I was going to lose 40+ lbs in six weeks because I was going to be soooooo perfect. Well, I was pretty close to perfect - no cheats - and only lost 29 pounds.

That was a hard pill to swallow, but the results are great and I have a firm grasp on the fact that my body is only going to do what it's going to do.

Keep it up.