Friday, October 17, 2008

The mind

After VLCD 14
overnight: -0.8
total: -10.4
weight: 144.6

Just over 10 pounds gone so far. Yippee!!

I haven't been talking about it. I was so optimistic Sunday evening when my hunger went away for several hours. But I was hungry by Monday morning, and I've been hungry ever since. I passed the 10 days that Dr. Simeons says is needed to make up for improper loading. So it can only be my dose.

I had to mix a new batch last night, so today I'm trying a 166 IU dose. That's what works for most SL users, twice a day. I'll keep you updated on how that goes.

If this hunger doesn't go away, I'll do a 23 dose round and take a break. The hunger isn't as intense as it was in the first week. It's no longer the painful, drive me crazy hunger. But it's enough to make me realize I can't do this for much longer. Sheer willpower is keeping me going--keeping me from cheating.

On another note, how big of a role does the mind play in weight loss? At some point I charted out my weight and found that an average of .7 per day would get me to my goal weight in 40 days. Since my scale doesn't register .1 increments, I thought, "Well, I'll just have to lose .8 and .6 every other day." Look at my pattern since Monday. .8, .6, .8, .6.

Weird, huh?

No comments: