Sunday, November 23, 2008

Steak day

P3, Day 3
last dose weight: 132.8
current weight: 135.2 (2.4 above)
overnight change: +1.6

A 4-pound gain in 3 days. I hope it's my TOM, because if my body is this sensitive to different food, I'm in for a rocky phase 3. I said no nuts or dairy yesterday. I didn't have nuts, but had a snack of cottage cheese. I had nothing else to snack on. I don't even know why I included dairy in my ban. I guess in the past staying away from cheese has helped me lose weight.

My "steak" is going to be roast beef. I have no steak in the house and it's too expensive from the grocery store--not to mention laden with hormones and antibiotics. We ordered a quarter of beef from a local farmer, but he hasn't butchered yet.

I'm praying this steak day works. After that, I might have a couple of days of P2-like eating. Sticking to the allowed foods, but plenty of calories, and including fat. I just need to get past this TOM and see how the normal me reacts to P3.

1 comment:

BEB said...

It feels like you're failing, doesn't it? You are not failing. Do your steak day and move on.

I think nuts are a problem for me. I had no problems with dairy that I could see. Coconut oil would be a great thing to add to the p2-style days after your steak day.

I'm still a little leary of new foods even though I'm technically in P4 as of today.