Friday, March 6, 2009

Too close to the line

overnight: +0.6
weight: 135.6
1.6 over LDW

Yipe! I know that's lean weight, but I still have to follow the rules and do a steak day if I go over 136. I'm only another .6 away from a steak day. And tomorrow would be a horrible day for one. I'll be very busy and away from home for supper.

About the lean versus fat... Today's results tell me I've lost .6 in fat since my last low calorie day (8 days ago), and gained exactly 4 pounds of lean mass. I like that ratio. But like I said, that doesn't exempt me from a steak day.

3 comments:

helderheid said...

Can you do a protein day? What are you eating?

What kind of fantastic scale are you using??

Beaker said...

I don't think a protein day would make a significant difference. All I'm eating now is meat and green vegetables. Occasionally a bit of coconut oil. (I've skipped the oil to see what happens--no noticeable difference.)

I'm helping with a youth banquet tomorrow night, and all the volunteers are bringing food to share. I could make a big crock pot of sloppy joe meat--there's the beef and the tomato, and I'll eat as much of it as I want. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.

My scale is a Tanita body fat scale. It's not terribly accurate when it comes to how much body fat I actually have. It reads 29% when the more accurate calipers say closer to 23%. But for every day measuring in a situation like this, it's great. You can't tell minute differences with a calipers. In every day weighing, the scale will occasionally make a jump up or down in body fat that isn't consistent. But most of the time it's an accurate comparison from day to day.

helderheid said...

Could you cut out the veggies for a day?