Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grrrr...

I'm growling because I had planned to eat clean yesterday (and by clean I mean meat and veggies). But I was still exhausted from my trip, and I had my kid's club last night. I ate fine all day, but I was so tired and so hungry when I got home that I had to eat something. I didn't have any meat ready to eat, so I had celery and peanut butter.

I weigh 136.8 this morning. I'd say I shouldn't have peanut butter. What do you think? I did not want to introduce new foods yesterday, but when I'm that tired and hungry, I don't care about anything.

This calls for a steak day, but my exercise is intense enough that I don't want to go hungry all day. And after that weight, I didn't want to skip my exercise this morning. So I'll do a protein day. All meat and eggs. If this doesn't work, I'll do a steak day tomorrow and won't exercise.

My goal is suddenly looking very far away. *Sigh*

P.S. I just saw your comment from yesterday. I still think I'm stable--in theory. But I must be sensitive or allergic to peanuts. That's a whopping gain from 1-2 Tbsp of peanut butter.

3 comments:

helderheid said...

It has to be water - has to be. You couldn't have possibly gained "real" weight with that. I'm so sorry. I'm sure the stress isn't helping. What did your fancy scale say about muscle versus fat?

Do the protein day - when I do steak days I usually start eating around 2 or so.

Keep me posted!

Beaker said...

Oh, yes, I'm sure it's water. Food sensitivities cause the body to hold water.

My scale tells me I gained 1 pound of muscle and .4 of fat. But it isn't very accurate for situations like this. How is it possible to gain 1 pound of muscle overnight? I'm not sure what it reads water as.

helderheid said...

frustrating!