Wednesday, February 11, 2009

VLCD 9

overnight: -1.0
total lost: 11.4
weight: 139.6

In the 130s again!

Yesterday I ate roast beef, so it's not red meat that makes me stall, it's only hamburger--well, Monday's hamburger. And I found another reason. We recently got beef from a farmer friend of ours. I took for granted that the hamburger was one pound, like the butcher said it would be. (The packages aren't marked.) Before I made my husband his separate supper last night, I decided to weigh the hamburger. A pound and a quarter.

So instead of getting the 4 oz serving I thought, I was probably getting 5 oz. 10 oz for the day. A high calorie meat like beef isn't a good one to increase the portion that much. I doubt I'll have hamburger again for the rest of the protocol, but if I get desperate for a change, I'll weigh the portions first. Two 3.5 oz servings. That's what I do best on.

But I can relax now that I'm in the 130s. I'd like to see at least .4 gone each day. But truly, if that's all I lose, I'll be content.

2 comments:

helderheid said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! 130s feels great, doesn't it?? Congrats!

I always weigh my food - I'm a weighing fanatic! :)

I wish I could lose on hamburger. I can when I'm not on hcg and am doing simply low carb but combine it with hcg and me and I stall or gain. I LOVE hamburger.

Glad you figured out the problem! How tall are you again? Aren't we close to the same height?

Keep up the great work!

Beaker said...

I weigh everything, too. Except hamburger. I figured 1/4 pound serving was close enough, but I got burned because it wasn't a pound. I wouldn't dare guess on any other kind of meat. I measure (by cup) most of my vegetables, too. I like an exact calorie count. Some I can eyeball.

I'm 5'7". I used to have that in my sidebar, but it's not there anymore. I'll have to put it back.