Friday, February 13, 2009

VLCD 11

overnight: -0.6
total lost: 12.8
weight: 138.2

I'm happy with another good loss. But let me ask you this. How is it possible to drink 3 quarts of water a day and still retain water? For the past few days I've had red indentations from my clothing on my legs and stomach. I don't exactly try to drink 3 quarts of water each day, but I'm so dry and thirsty all the time. That's what it adds up to. If there were more hours in the day, I'd probably drink more.

Does the extreme dry mouth happen to you guys? It happened to me last round, too. It's something that makes the low fat meats and low moisture vegetables like spinach hard to eat. It's just plain hard to swallow them with my dry throat. I drink water all day long. And I still go to bed with a cottony mouth. I don't get it.

3 comments:

helderheid said...

I have the same problem. BLEAH. What I wouldn't do for a little butter! :)

CONGRATS on the loss! You are on a roll!

BEB said...

I really get that cotton mouth at night. It combines with some killer bad breath for a combo that makes my boyfriend crazy...;)

You might consider potassium pills to make sure your body is properly utilizing the water you're drinking. (I learned that one in a Bikram Yoga class.) Just an idea.

Beaker said...

Thanks, Beb. I have been taking potassium this round.

Yep, I get the killer bad breath, too. So the dry mouth must be something that just happens on HCG. I won't worry about it.

As for retaining water... I remember something in pounds and inches about fat cells filling with water. I wonder if that could look like retention on the skin.