Saturday, February 7, 2009

VLCD 5

overnight: -1.2
total lost: 8.6
weight: 142.4

That makes me happy.

What am I doing for exercise? I have an elliptical machine. My normal--non low-calorie--workout is 20 minutes alternating low intensity with high intensity bursts that last 1-2 minutes. I've gentled that down for HCG. It's mostly low intensity, not getting my heart rate up very much. For now I'm still doing a few 30 second bursts of higher intensity, but not getting my heart rate as high as normal. And if that gets to be too strenuous on such low calories, I'll cut back to all low intensity--basically walking on the elliptical.

I still haven't had fruit. I'd like to be able to stick to that, because I have such problems with blood sugar. But I won't hold myself to it if I really want fruit. I looked back at my journal and I know my hunger isn't as bad this round as last. Is it because of not having fruit? I don't know.

1 comment:

helderheid said...

Great loss! Congrats!

I'm not having the hunger issues this round either, though I kept fruit in, however since cutting it out and keeping my carbs under 20 grams, my losses have picked up. I miss my frozen strawberries but not as much as I love watching the pounds release. Well done!! Oh, and I heard from a fitness trainer who went on the protocol after getting a desk job and putting on weight that the low intensity workouts are the absolute best for releasing weight. He did 30 - 60 minutes a day while on the protocol and released 1.5-2 pounds a DAY.