Friday, February 26, 2010

Much more positive

I didn't post yesterday only because I was too busy to take the time. I'm in a much better frame of mind.

When fatigue hits, everything feels impossible--even the smallest thing. So looking at the big picture of weight loss is discouraging when I'm that low. My TOM is gone now, and so are the cravings, for the most part.

And one thing sparked my motivation. The 100 pushups challenge that Tri Mom found gave me a new goal to aim for. And it's a goal unlike any I've ever had. Sure, I've had weight loss goals, and a general goal of "getting fit." But never a specific goal like this.

I'd love to be able to do 100 pushups. I don't have much upper body strength. I haven't taken the initial test yet--I've been feeling too weak--but I can probably only do a few from-the-toe pushups. But I'll do that this weekend, then start the challenge Tuesday.

Anyway, having a new goal was all it took to get my motivation started up. Plus, I realize my diet was too strict for the long term. I didn't really mean it to be for the long term, I intended to start nuts and fruit sooner, but I was doing so well. Now I'm starting a more balanced approach to eating. Even if it slows my losses down, it should be something I can do for life.

1 comment:

Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT said...

i cant wait to get to 100...and once I do that, Ill do the squat one, though i have bad news and try the pullup one though I dont think I can do one of those now...

its great to have challenges...thats how I got into triathlon..I could help you train for that too if you want a big goal!

Keep up the good work! And do the love yourself challenge I posted yesterday too if the mood strikes you...