Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm like a house of cards. Pull one out...

...and the whole thing crumbles.

I've had a rough week. And I didn't purposely stay away because of that, but when I'm not feeling well, my whole routine goes out the window. I lose myself in movies or computer games because I don't have the energy to do anything real.

My TOM is always hard on me. This time was really bad. Energy down to zero. Even gentle exercise was too much, so I took some time off that. And the cravings were so bad I decided to take the weekend off from my diet. So now I'm having a hard time getting back to the way I was eating.

Motivation isn't an easy thing to find when cravings have a strangle hold on my brain. I still think the weekend off was a good choice. I was perfectly content as long as I was satisfied with the food I was eating, but when cravings come on this strong, there's really no good choice. If I don't eat something "forbidden" I start feeling deprived, and after a while I snap and really go crazy. Even if they were just TOM cravings, it didn't help to tell myself they'd pass.

A planned break is hard to come back from, but it's the better option. I just wish everything didn't fall to pieces at once. I stopped taking my drops--forgetful and lazy, I guess. I wasn't doing my sauna because of my TOM--it can prolong things, and I don't need that.

On top of everything, I've developed a slight aversion to meat. And I need my protein, so I've got to get creative. The weekend packed some pounds on--water, I'm sure, because I'm sensitive to everything.

Bottom line, I'm having a tough time. Got any encouraging words for me?

2 comments:

Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT said...

Tell TOM to go to Heck (im at work...cant be any stronger)! Is that encouraging?

Re not feeling right, have you ever tried evening primrose oil or caps-they really help with PMS, bad moods, cravings around TOM, etc.

Either way, you need to honor yourself at this time. You are a beautiful strong woman and this is a sacred time...to reflect, relax, and renew. Try to give yourself some quiet time, meditate, and give yourself joyful permission to enjoy whatever you eat (because otherwise whats the point?).

You can get through this! And get back on track easily...

Lis said...

Here, here! Well said Tri mom! Dont beat yourself up - tomorrow is a brand new day and you can re-start from where you are. You are so close to your ultimate goal - and look how far you have come!!! Hang in there - once TOM leaves things have a way of looking better!