Friday, February 5, 2010

Stomach

Clarity's blog about her flat stomach got me wondering if I'll ever have one. She had a tummy tuck to assist with hers. (It was a tuck, wasn't it? I caught up with months of your blog mostly in one day.) Completely justified with the apron she had from a c-section and other factors.

I didn't have a flat stomach even at my lowest weight, when my BMI was below 21. I don't think a tummy tuck will ever be justified for me. I don't have an apron, just a rounded belly. It maybe looked slightly deflated after the rapid loss of HCG, but I could see that the skin would have tightened if I'd stayed at that weight. Besides, my finances would never allow for that type of surgery.

The confident part of me says yes, I will have a flat stomach. It didn't happen before because I lost so quickly, and I didn't lose all the fat I needed to. I intend to work hard at exercise. I won't take it for granted any time soon. Not after hardly being able to move for so many months. I'm running on the elliptical 3 days a week and doing resistance training 3 days a week.

At my current level of determination, if hard work can get me there, I'll get there.

4 comments:

helderheid said...

You know what's funny, I thought I would have to wait for my tummy tuck because of finances and I was afraid of getting the girls fixed at the same time as the tummy as that would have me under for such a long time but it turned out he didn't need to repair my muscles. His comment was that I must work out a lot as my tummy muscles were in incredible shape. Well, I've not exercised in about a year but before HCG, I used to work out on the elliptical machine 1.5-3 hours a day. I built great muscles but wasn't losing weight. HCG was the only thing that worked for releasing fat. So, all he had to do was remove the apron.

My next phase is all about getting back to exercise. I'm waiting until I am 2 months post op before I try again.

I'm not sure if I ever remember having a flat tummy also. This is an amazing experience.

Beaker said...

That's great. I wonder what kind of shape my abdominal muscles are in. Hard to tell under so much fat.

I knew your tuck was mostly getting rid of excess skin. You had incredible fat loss on HCG. I tried to be careful how I phrased it. I didn't want to sound like--well, she has a flat tummy because of a tummy tuck.

You worked very hard at weight loss. With all the changes your body went through having children, gaining weight, losing weight--I don't think that saggy skin was going anywhere.

helderheid said...

LOL, no worries! Actually something I noticed is that the only sagging skin I had was from my 2nd baby. I didn't get any new sagging skin even after gaining so much more. The HCG really tightened my skin! It just couldn't fix what was beyond repair!

Beaker said...

HCG tightened your skin?

I'm seeing more and more evidence that my system wouldn't let HCG work properly.

I lost lean mass along with fat, which they say wasn't supposed to happen. My skin was sagging even with a 15-20 pound loss. I remember now my neck skin was sagging--big wrinkles when I turned my head.

I need to clean out my system and heal! Maybe then I can do HCG again.