Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weigh in

I see I've picked up more followers. On one hand, yeah! More accountability. Welcome, everyone. On the other hand, crap, now I have to try to be interesting.

I lost 1.6 pounds this week. That brings me to 179. I've got such a long way to go that I need to appreciate the steps along the way. So today I'm grateful to be out of the 180s! I've lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks without the aid of HCG!

And I lost 2 and 1/4 inches over 7 measurements. There wasn't one site that didn't lose at least 1/4 of an inch. And I lost another 1/2 on my waist, where I most need to lose.

Stats, don't you just love 'em? I do. Here's some more.

My BMI has gone from 29.4 to 28. Isn't 30 and over obese? How close I came! However, I just learned--or was reminded--that waist measurement determines obesity better than BMI. And according to my waist, I'm obese. That's why I want to lose inches in that area so badly. My waist is currently 39 inches. I started out at 41, so there's improvement, but here's the guidelines I found for waist circumference.

Women:
Ideal = 28-33
Overweight = 33-37
Obese = over 37

I don't think I have any male readers, but add 3 inches to everything and you've got the male guidelines.

Okay, that's enough numbers for today. I'm so grateful for the progress I've made so far. And my motivation is still high.

3 comments:

helderheid said...

Great progress! :) I like the new layout too - very soothing!

Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT said...

Great job! Thats so impressive...you're actually losing more than me right now, and Im still in R1P2 (and not cheating)...at least this gives me hope that we dont have to always lose with HCG once we start this journey.

Beaker said...

Thanks for cheering me on, guys.

I found my new layout after visiting Tri Mom's blog. Hers is so cute I had to find something along those lines. The old was too sterile--not me.