Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ready to get going again

Motivation completely back. In fact, I'd call it a burning desire to lose weight.

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, but I've got a lot to say.

I haven't posted in a couple of days again because I've been busy setting up a new plan. Both eating and exercising are taking a new direction. With eating, I've been enjoying a bit more variety with fruit, seeds, and nuts. And even some dairy. I know I said I was committed to staying away from dairy for a couple more months. But I was craving it, and I can't stay away from any food group for 3 months. It's too long.

One little side note here. From the comments I've been getting, I think some of you missed the post where I said that I gained back every bit of weight I lost--both the HCG weight, and the weight I'd lost on my own before HCG--plus six pounds. That's why I took down all the stats that were in my side bar. Too confusing, and that's not where I am anymore.

I started this new journey Jan 5th at 188 pounds. As of two weeks ago, I was 177.6. On my weekend off, I packed on 5 pounds. Ouch! I'm still up a couple of pounds, at 179.8 this morning. However, my fat calipers say that I lost a little more fat and gained 2.5 pounds of lean from that 177.6 number. I'm happy with that. The fat percentage is the number that counts.

Anyway, now that I've made sure you realize I gained all that weight back, and I quit exercise for many months over the summer and fall, this next part will have more meaning.

Don't you love when things fall into your lap? When just the right information comes to you at just the right time?

I ordered some Miracle Noodles last week, and was pleasantly surprised that a pdf book came free with any order. (Still does, as of today.) The book is called "Ultimate Fitness Secrets Revealed." I downloaded it because it was free, but I was thinking that I probably already know all this.

However, the main focus is on the mind/spirit side of weight loss. That's an area I've sadly neglected. The author takes a mind-first approach. He says if we don't get rid of our self-sabotaging beliefs, we'll never see permanent results. In fact, out of 12 chapters, one is on nutrition, and one is on exercise.

I haven't gotten into the meat of the book yet. I've read the first 4 chapters, and so far he's emphasizing how important it is to get our thinking straight. He hasn't gotten to the hows yet. But I'm excited to get there.

I know I have self-sabotaging beliefs. Twice in my life I've gotten down pretty close to my ideal weight, only to stall, then give up. Countless times I've begun a lifestyle change and quit a month or two into it. I keep telling myself I know what to do, I just need to do it. What must I believe about myself to let myself eat the way I did this summer and fall?

I was sexually abused as a child. Research on the subject has given me the understanding that this has left me feeling undeserving of anything good. The unconscious message is, my family didn't protect me from this, and therefore I must not be worth protecting.

I came to understand this about myself about 10 years ago. But I haven't been able to reprogram my thinking. With this book, I hope to discover the keys to do that. And the book was free with something I was already ordering. Some of you will say the universe handed me a gift. With my beliefs, I credit God. But yes, if the author of this book delivers what he promises, this was a gift.

2 comments:

helderheid said...

Wow, what kismet. I too was abused and found that releasing the weight also meant having to release those emotions. I'm starting a book about the spiritual/emotional part of the protocol!

Congrats on the loss and the burning desire!

Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT said...

Thanks for sharing, Beaker. And for being so brave...Ill write more later...