Thursday, February 11, 2010

High goals

I set my weight loss goals high this time. My goal is losing 2 pounds a week. Realistically, I know I can't reach that every week. Anything over a pound a week is above my average weight loss, going on my own.

However, I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can every day to lose this weight. If my goal was 1 pound, I know I can reach that without extra effort. (Note the emphasis on extra--it takes effort for me to lose any weight.) So if I miss a day of exercise, big deal. I know I'll probably still lose my 1 pound for the week, or make up for it the next week and keep my average.

Two pounds a week is nearly impossible for me. So by aiming for it, I'm not missing a day of exercise. I'm sticking with my eating plan perfectly. I'm getting in that infrared sauna every day to sweat out the toxins to help my body release fat.

The cost is a little bit of disappointment when I get on the scale and the loss is smaller than 2 pounds. The benefit is determination to do everything in my power to improve that number the next week. And that far outweighs the cost.

Plus, I know better than to get tripped up by a number on the scale. I put more stock in what the tape measure tells me each week.


On another note... I think I'm going to rename this blog. It started because of HCG, but I'm not doing that right now, and I may never be able to do another round. My messed-up, allergic, clogged up liver and lymph node, system didn't allow HCG to work right for me. I have hopes to be healed enough by the last 20 pounds or so to be able to do one last round, but I'm not counting on it.

So anyway, I should call this blog something other than HCG Experiment, since that has no part in my life right now. Not even maintenance. But what to call it? Any ideas? I'm horrible at titles.

1 comment:

Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT said...

Im so impressed about your weight loss off of HCG, especially since I think you have lost more weight than me in the last week.

Im not good with names, either, so I won't even try...

And I would love it if you could point me to the posts re your "messed-up, allergic, clogged up liver and lymph node, system" to see if I'm suffering the same issues. I do know that I have out of control candida that doesn't seem to go away no matter what I do, and that may be affecting my weight loss...