Monday, December 15, 2008

Steak. It's what's for dinner.

I gained a little after the Christmas banquet. Then yesterday we went out for Chinese--loaded with MSG and sugar, I'm sure. Plus I only drank 1 quart of water yesterday. So my steak day will probably only make up for that gain. I'll eat carefully for the next two days, then do another steak day Thursday. I'll see after that.

My timing for starting the first round of HCG wasn't good. I didn't have anything going on during phase 2, which was nice. But Thanksgiving came one week into P3, and the birthday dinner and church banquet only a couple of days into P4. I ate many foods I wouldn't have introduced until much later. But like you guys keep saying, I'll be fine.

I won't start round 2 as early as I hoped. I thought I had family coming to visit toward the end of February, but they're coming somewhere around Jan 16 and staying (but not at my house) for nearly a week. My mother-in-law likes to wait until the whole family is together to celebrate Christmas, so one of our get-togethers will include a late Christmas. And I'll be with them for several meals during their stay, so I don't think I want to be on phase 2 at that time.

My in-laws are thrilled that I lost weight, but I didn't tell them about HCG and I don't plan to. So I don't want them to witness it firsthand. They already think I'm a little crazy. (Wheat bad? How can whole wheat be bad?) The best thing is to wait until the visit is over before I start again.

And this will give me more time to stabilize my weight and work on getting some muscle back. My new target date for starting is Jan 24, but it's too early to know if that date will work.

No comments: