Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Last day of P3

I didn't mean to hide away like this. I started this blog for accountability, so not posting when things went wrong seems like cheating. But this time of year is so busy, and I've been so frustrated.

I'm afraid I've completely blown phase 3. I didn't cheat exactly, I just didn't figure out the problem. Steak days would get me down just over a pound, then I'd gain the weight back in two days. Or even one day. Didn't seem worth doing any more, so I quit the steak days. I gained much quicker than I lost on this protocol. Nearly a pound a day.

I think my P2 was too long for my sanity, since I had such a rough one. By the time I got to P3, I wasn't in any condition to do it properly. I couldn't make myself cut back to meat and veggies like I said I should. Mentally, I couldn't handle more restrictions. Cutting starch and sugar, no problem. But I needed my eggs and cheese and cream.

So, have I ruined my whole HCG protocol by doing such a poor job with P3? It seems like such a vital stage.

I'm allergic to something I'm eating. A new form of itchiness has beset me. No rash, but my face, neck and shoulders started itching a few days into P3. I'm sure that's the cause of most of my gain.

This morning was the wake-up call. I've gained exactly 10 pounds during P3, which takes me 8.4 above my LDW. I can't bring myself to post my weight, but you can figure it out. OUCH!! I gained half an inch on some measurements. One inch on a couple.

I think I'm over my food obsession. My birthday was last week, so one family get-together is over with. One to go. The in-laws are having us over for supper Friday night. Okay, so other than what I can't control Friday, no excuses. I'll eat meat, veggies and fruit. Only after my itchy symptoms go away will I re-introduce one food at a time to see what's doing this. Starch and sugar? I don't need it, and I won't have any until my weight is under control.

I like the new wardrobe I bought last week, and I want to keep it! I will NOT let this be a failure!

Call me crazy after the phase 2 I had, but this morning I ordered more HCG. I'm doing a round 2, but it will be a short round--23 dose days. Even if I lose what I gained in P3 I'll still have fat to lose. And if I blew phase 3, I need to make sure I have a good phase 3 and 4 to be sure my hypothalamus resets.

Now I wish I had ordered it sooner, but I was so sure I was done with HCG. If it arrives on time, I could start January 2. But I'll start as soon as it arrives, depending on my cycle.

Thanks, everyone, for how supportive you've been through this. I'll try to get back to posting every day, or most days anyway.

2 comments:

BEB said...

I'm wondering if either of us truly reset the hypothalmus. I'll be starting my next round Jan 11th so we can try to figure this out together.

Beaker said...

Yes, we can. I doubt my HCG will arrive as early as Jan 2. We'll probably be starting right around the same time.