Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm doing okay

The steak day was a good success. But I gained some back the following day. That's the way it's been--up and down. I was starting to get desperate with all the things it seems I can't eat. Then my husband gave me a bit of his wisdom.

He said just because a food makes me gain weight the next day doesn't mean I'm sensitive to it. It means my body hasn't had it in a long time, and it has to adjust. He told me to ride things out. See if a certain food makes me gain weight every day for a whole week. That makes sense.

Plus, I'm really focusing on exercise. I'm doing some more challenging routines to build muscle. Fat-burning muscle! Because unless I do something to rev up my metabolism, I'm afraid I'll never be able to eat anything but meat and green vegetables for the rest of my life.

So, my weight isn't looking real great right now, but my attitude is so much better. I know that some of the weight I've gained is lean mass. And every muscle in my body is sore! I'll try to remember to check in more often, but I don't think I'm going to report a daily weight for a while.

1 comment:

helderheid said...

I'm right there with ya. I gained 2.4 overnight after having a brawt (no bun) with sauerkraut. Not sure if it's the ingredients in the brawt or the salt but I suspect it's the salt. Still within range but not happy about the gain! Like you though I'm just going to focus on exercise and health. I doubt I'll check in daily either. Oh and I relate on the sore muscles and I hardly did much! My body needs the exercise desperately!!

Thanks for being there!