Saturday, April 4, 2009

A go-ahead on the steak day

I need this steak day for many reasons. I've been eating when I'm not hungry. I can't leave the foods alone that I shouldn't eat.

I think the cravings are so bad because my body needs more than I'm currently giving it. Even though I'm taking an excellent multivitamin, I believe I'm still lacking something. I need more vegetables, probably. And I'll keep the fresh fruit in my diet once this steak day is over. Berries mostly because they're the lowest in sugar.

Okay, some of the cravings are old-fashioned "I want junk food" cravings. Nothing profound about those. I'm still an emotional eater when things aren't going well. I need to work on that. I have to turn this around. Those dreams I was having about a flat stomach? Last night I had a dream with a poochy tummy and I was trying to hide in my swimsuit. Mental shift. Not good.

That changes now.

2 comments:

helderheid said...

Keep after it. You have absolutely the right attitude about this. I am absolutely certain you can get a grip! Flat tummy is in your forecast.

Beaker said...

Thanks once again for the vote of confidence. I am starting to get a grip. I also realize I can't be as restrictive with my diet as I have been.

I'll stick with eating healthy, but with a wider variety of food. And the occasional treat of some sort to keep me sane. I have to eat in a way that I can maintain for the rest of my life.