Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I didn't mean to disappear

I've been sick. Again.

This time it was a fever with cold-like symptoms--the true flu. If only I'd had the stomach flu with throwing up, no appetite... all that wonderful stuff. I'd have lost weight then.

But noooo. I was a bottomless pit. So very, very hungry. So I gained. Meat--my staple--wasn't all that appetizing. I had some, but not my normal amounts. I craved peanuts and fruit. My willpower is great when I'm well and energized. When I'm sick... almost nonexistent. It makes me feel worse that I already discovered I'm sensitive to peanuts, and that's what I ran to.

I've been sick since Saturday. I basically had a four-day binge. And I was too weak to exercise. And my stomach didn't want much water. Okay, it could have been worse. I could have binged on ice cream and Doritos. My binge was peanuts, raisins and prunes. With some fresh fruit thrown in. I don't feel bad about the fresh fruit.

Scary number time. 138.6. Yes, it could have been worse. And most of this has to be water since I gained it so fast. But from my post-HCG low, I'm carrying an extra five pounds.

I'm still sick, but I was able to exercise today. I feel more able to resist the peanuts, but I can't promise what today will bring. All I can say is, I've had enough and I'm ready to lose these five pounds.

Help me be strong. I need some encouraging words.

2 comments:

helderheid said...

I am sooooo sorry! That sucks but you're right - it's most likely water. You can do this. Just be vigilant. I imagine if you do some Atkinsy type eating you'll drop much of that weight overnight.

I really hope you feel better soon!

Beaker said...

Thanks. I don't think I fully got over the last little flu bug I had. And I was tired and stressed in between.

This is a setback, but you're right. I'll get through it with more protein, less carbs.