Thursday, January 8, 2009

Juice fast

It's hard to say how my detox is going. I've lost some weight, but not any amazing amounts. Wasn't expecting amazing, just something. But how can anyone tell if their body is really detoxifying? (Unless I get my detox rash again.)

I'm going ahead with a juice fast today and tomorrow. Vegetable juice--namely celery and cucumber. Not my idea of a taste sensation, but it's not the worst. I've done a five-day juice fast in the past. I'll never do that again. The hunger was intolerable by the end. But two days I can handle.

Giving your digestion--and your liver--a break with fasting is an excellent way to clean out the toxins. And the vegetable juice ensures that you're getting nutrients. The food I ate over the holidays was pretty shameful. This isn't quite a redo button, but it's close.

My HCG arrived on Monday, the 5th. It's so tempting just to go ahead and start, but my body needs this cleansing. Plus I want to lose the weight I gained before I start--or as much of it as I can. That way I'm making forward progress, not just re-losing the same weight.

No comments: