Friday, May 8, 2009

Good results

The steak day worked. I lost 2.2 pounds, which was more than my gain.

I'm still not ready to say how much I weigh, because it's more than I want to weigh. However, I feel pretty good about my chances of losing the rest of my extra fat. I'm dedicated in my exercise. I have a renewed determination to eat only the foods that are best for my body.

A quick fix like HCG wasn't quite right for me. I'm still grateful for the boost it gave me. But since I always felt hungry on it, I've developed a mentality where I can't stand to feel hungry. So when I start to feel deprived on my strict eating plan (meat, veggies, eggs, a little fruit), I go overboard.

I have an intolerance to wheat. I know this. It drains my energy and makes me feel slightly sick to my stomach. Yet this past month when I've gotten hungry and didn't have a good snack ready, I'd have toast or cereal. I didn't care what it would do to me, as long as it ended the hunger. (Plus I love cereal. I could eat it three meals a day if it was good for me.)

So now I have to balance good eating with keeping my sanity. "Occasional treat" doesn't cut it. I need structure or I'll keep eating the things I shouldn't. I'm thinking of going to free Sundays. I'll eat the way I should all week, but allow myself some freedom on Sundays. That way the restriction of my diet won't feel so endless. If I want something, I'll just tell myself I can have it on Sunday--I just have to wait.

3 comments:

helderheid said...

Funny, Sundays are my days too (in theory - it's been a hard week as my parents are moving and my schedule has been wonky). I too have a wheat intolerance. Makes me feel the same way.

These various phases have taught me how to eat again after years of constant dieting. What a gift!

Have you heard of lifecaps? Check my blog if this link doesn't work: http://lifecaps.net quite a few are using these on their rounds and it is providing a boost in their losses and wipes out hunger completely. They were designed as emergency pills in case you couldn't get to food. I've been talking to those who used them in P2 and they have since had no problem stabilizing in P3 and P4 so I'm going to use them in my final round. Anyway, no matter what phase you're in it should help with your hunger. :)

Glad you're well. I need to get into an exercise routine. It's been a couple weeks. I think once my parents move it will be easier. You inspire me!!

Quality Life International said...

The problem is you were needing "the maintenance diet", that's the solution to finally resetting your hypothalamus. Most hCG diets don't inform about that.

Beaker said...

Thank you for the comment. I've never heard of a maintenance diet. Too bad I'm reading it about 8 months too late.