Monday, September 19, 2011

Overdue Update

Am I back to blogging? I don't know. But for anyone still out there, here's an update.

Shortly after my last post, I sprained my back. Badly. I was laid up for a month. Borrowed a hospital bed from my mother-in-law. I could only get out of bed to use the bathroom. It was over two months before I could sit in a chair long enough to use my computer. And even then it was essentials, then off. I could use my laptop from my bed, but it has no internet access.

My good eating habits declined--had to rely on my hubby to cook for me. The energy I had regained was gone as a result of lying around for so long. I stopped weighing myself until late this January. My weight skyrocketed beyond my all-time high.

But then...

I decided to give HCG another try, after hearing about the homeopathic version. People who had raging hunger on sub-lingual or injections, had no hunger with the homeopathic version.

So I gave it a try. And it's working beautifully. I had very little hunger--mostly just got hungry before mealtime. My mini-meals were satisfying. Sometimes I even got full on them! I experienced the energy and sense of well-being people boast of while on HCG.

Round one in February I lost 26 pounds. (My post-load weight was 200 pounds. I never thought I'd see that number.)

Round two in May was shortened, just 4 weeks instead of a full 40 days. But I lost 17 pounds.

And right now I'm on day 14 of round three. This morning I weighed in at 146.4. I'm hoping to get into the 130s by the end of this--my final--round. Anything more I have left to lose will have to be done the old fashioned way.

I had to laugh at my Freedom post below. I didn't even read the whole thing, I just know I can't eat what I want. I discovered I'm gluten intolerant and sensitive to a lot of foods. That's why I could never keep the weight off.

Here's my current no-no list:

Gluten
Dairy
Rice
Potato
Tomato
Sugar
Soy

I'm also allergic to mold, so I may never have the energy I should have. As long as I'm living in this house, anyway. But getting those foods out of my diet has helped me to feel so much better. And I know that when I'm done with HCG, the weight will stay off this time. I didn't have any gains between rounds this time.

No comments: